|Name of Post|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission SSC
|Short Description of the post|
Staff Selection Commission SSC Are Invited to Online Application Recruitment Form for the Post of Combined Higher Secondary Level CHSL and Data Entry Operator DEO, Lower Division Clerk LDC 10+2 Recruitment 2020. Those Candidates Are Interested and Eligible must Read the Full Details Before Apply Online.
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Marking Scheme
SSC CHSL is conducted in 3 tiers and candidates preparing for the exam should have good knowledge of exam pattern. Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern of each tier to prepare more efficiently for the exam. With the help of exam pattern, candidates will come to know about the time duration, marks weightage in each section, the medium of exam, etc. Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC CHSL in three tiers – Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
Highlights of SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- The first Tier is an objective type paper conducted in online mode only.
- Tier 2 is a descriptive exam conducted in Pen and paper mode while Tier 3 is a skill test for DEO and typing test for LDC, PA/ SA, and Court Clerk.
- As per SSC CHSL, tier 1 will have 100 questions in total that need to be completed in 60 minutes. For every correct answer, candidates will get 2 marks and 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Check Tier 1 Preparation Books
- Tier 2 is a descriptive paper and it will be conducted offline and no negative marking will be there.
- Candidates qualifying in one tier will be eligible to sit in the subsequent tier. Final merit will be based on the combined scores of Tier 1 and Tier 2 only as Tier 3 is qualifying in nature. A minimum of 33% marks must be obtained in order to clear Tier 2. Check SSC CHSL Cut Off
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL is held in three tiers mentioned below:
- Tier 1: Computer-Based (Objective Type)
- Tier 2: Written Exam (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier 3: Typing Test/ Skill Test
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
Tier 1 is strictly objective in nature (MCQ) and the mode of the exam will be online. The question paper will comprise 4 sections:
- Section 1- General Intelligence
- Section 2 -English Language
- Section 3- Quantitative Aptitude
- Section 4- General Awareness/General Knowledge.
- Tier 1 Exam will have 100 questions with a total of 200 marks.
- Duration of the exam is 60 Minutes.
- The question paper will be set in both English and Hindi for every section except English Language section.
- Negative marking of 0.50 marks will be applicable in the exam.
The table below shows each section with their allotted marks:
|Parts||Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||4 Parts||100 Questions||200 Marks|
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 2 Exam Pattern
- Tier 2 will be a descriptive exam to be conducted in offline (pen & paper-based) mode.
- Candidates will be asked to write essays/ letters/applications on any topic.
- The exam will be of 100 marks which must be completed within 60 minutes.
- The exam must be written in either Hindi or English.
- The qualifying marks set by the conducting body in Tier 2 of SSC CHSL 2020 is 33 percent.
The table below shows the allotment of marks, word count, time and topics in Tier 2:
|Topics||Word count||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Essay writing||200-250||100||60 minutes|
Practice Sectional Tests as much as possible during your SSC CHSL Preparation
Must Read How to Prepare for SSC CHSL Descriptive Paper?
SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 3 Exam Pattern
- Tier 3 will be a Skill Test/Typing Test for the qualifiers of Tier 1 and Tier 2.
- Typing Test would be conducted only for candidates applying for Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Candidates will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue so notified.
- Typing Test: For English, typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. For Hindi typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory. Typing Test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. Skill test is conducted for Data Entry Operator post. For DEO in C&AG office speed of 15000 key depression per hour is required. The duration of the test is 15 minutes.
- Your final admission would be governed on the basis of the total score obtained in Tier 1 and Tier 2 only.
- Only Candidates who are VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) and OH with a deformity in writing hand will be allowed 35 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes for the skill test.
Check Skill Test/ Typing Test for SSC CHSL 2020
SSC CHSL Marking Scheme
SSC CHSL 2020 Marking Scheme
The Tier I exam has 4 sections. Each section consists of 25 questions and all the questions carry equal marks. Candidates can refer to the table below for distribution of questions and marks allotted for each section.
|Section||Subject||Total No of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Marking Scheme of SSC CHSL 2020 – Tier 1
- Every correct response: +2 marks.
- Every Incorrect response: -0.5 marks
- Unattempted question- no mark will be awarded or deducted
Marking Scheme of SSC CHSL 2020 – Tier 2
The marking scheme for the descriptive paper is not specified by the commission. Only the total marks allocated for exam is specified by the commission.
|Tier 2 (Descriptive Paper)||Total Marks|
SSC CHSL Important Syllabus
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020
There are three tiers in the exam. Tier 1 includes 4 sections. There are many topics from each section which must be prepared by the candidates thoroughly. SSC CHSL Syllabus includes:
Section 1: General Intelligence
Section 1 will have questions of both verbal and non-verbal type, so focus on major topics provided below:
|Analog||Number/ Alphanumeric Series|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Odd One Out Embedded figures|
|Coding and de-coding||Critical Thinking|
|Problem Solving||Word Building|
Section 2: English Language
Section 2 will have questions from all the major topics of the English Language. Some of the topics are provided to help candidates in their preparation:
|Spot the Error||Fill in the Blanks|
|Shuffling of Sentence parts||Shuffling of Sentences in a passage|
|Cloze Passage||Synonyms & Antonyms|
|Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words||Idioms & Phrases|
|Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs,||Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration|
|Reading Comprehension||One-word substitution|
Section 3: Quantitative Aptitude
The syllabus for section 3 is quite vast and hence must be prepared thoroughly. The important topics are:
|Number System||Fundamental Arithmetical Operations|
Section 4: General Awareness
This section of the paper is designed to check the candidate’s awareness of his surroundings. The paper will comprise questions:
- Related to India and its neighboring countries
- Economic scene
- General Policy and scientific research
- Awards and Honour
- Books and author, etc.
© Copyright 2020 at WWW.SARKARIALLEXAMS.IN